Care2Save Charitable Trust
We are a UK registered charity (Registered in England and Wales, Charity number 1151546) that gives you the opportunity to buy the products and services you need AND choose a charity to benefit from 80% of the commission we earn. The remaining 20% of this commission goes to The Care2Save Charitable Trust, which promotes the development and growth of supportive, palliative and hospice care locally, nationally throughout the UK and globally.
What is Palliative Care?
“Palliative care (from the Latin ‘palliare’: to cloak) focuses on the relief of pain and other symptoms and problems experienced in serious illness. The goal of palliative care is to improve quality of life by increasing comfort, promoting dignity and providing a support system to the person who is ill, and those close to them.
“Palliative care is appropriate for anyone of any age who is facing serious illness. It can be delivered alongside active treatments designed to ty to prolong life at an early point in the disease. It is also applicable at the end of life and into bereavement.
“Palliative care neither hastens nor prolongs death. It celebrates life, even when time is limited. It regards dying as a normal process.”
The 5 elements to successful delivery of Supportive, Palliative and Hospice Care
The Care2Save Charitable Trust aims to support all of these:
- Development of affordable supportive and palliative care services
- Enable the development of care through education programmes for family carers and professionals
- Give communities the knowledge and skills to enable and inspire home based palliative care
- Support development of ‘in-country’ leadership to advocate for national policy, infrastructure and resources essential for embedding palliative care
- Development of supporting business models to help palliative care organisations become self-sustaining.
For more information about Care2Save Charitable Trust, please click here.
If you would like further information about the hospice movement or palliative care, please visit the following websites:
For the hospice/palliative care in the UK
National Council on Palliative Care:
For hospice/palliative care globally
Worldwide Palliative Care Alliance: